GRAS is continuously looking for motivated staff (employees, students or interns) supporting the technical and methodological development of GRAS and our services packages. We are looking forward to learning more about you!
Get in touch
If you have any questions with regard to the open positions or the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Geoinformatics expert to support sustainable supply chains and traceability
Global Risk Assessment Services (GRAS) is an innovative company providing information to ecological and social sustainability. GRAS helps agricultural producers, processors, brand owners, traders, NGOs, scientists and investors to review sustainability risks for individual suppliers, sourcing areas or countries. In addition, GRAS supports certification systems, certification bodies and auditors in objective sustainability analysis and verification of land use change. Our main fields of work are the processing and evaluation of remote sensing data and GIS-based sustainability analyses. Further, GRAS provides tools to trace back agricultural products to farmer level.
We are looking for a geoinformatics expert to support our international, young and dynamic team in our Cologne office.
- Develop and test methodologies for processing GIS and remote sensing datasets
- Automation of current processes using R, Python (ArcPy and PyQGIS), QGIS and PostGIS
- Organize existing algorithms into libraries and packages
- Create and maintain PostGIS internal databases
- Support cloud computing activities
- Support other team activities (e.g. writing project proposals, internal trainings)
- Degree in geoinformatics or related major
- Proven experience in GIS and remote sensing
- Experience in geodata processing software (e.g. QGIS, ArcGIS)
- Experience in programming languages for geospatial data (e.g. Python, R)
- Knowledge in geospatial database architecture and management (e.g. PostGIS/PostgreSQL)
- Experience in cloud computing of remote sensing data is an advantage (e.g. CREODIAS, Google
- Ability to work in an international, multidisciplinary team environment
- Passion for securing an environmentally sustainable future
- Very good written and spoken English skills are essential. German is a plus