GRAS is continuously looking for motivated staff (employees, students or interns) supporting the technical and methodological development of GRAS and our services packages. We are looking forward to learning more about you!
Get in touch
If you have any questions with regard to the open positions or the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Student assistant to support sustainability risk assessment and deforestation-free supply chains
Global Risk Assessment Services (GRAS) is an innovative company providing information to ecological and social sustainability. GRAS helps agricultural producers, processors, brand owners, traders, NGOs, scientists and investors to review sustainability risks for individual suppliers, sourcing areas or countries. In addition, GRAS supports certification systems, certification bodies and auditors in objective sustainability analysis and verification of land use change.
We are looking for a student to support our international, young and dynamic team in our Cologne office. Our main fields of work are the processing and evaluation of remote sensing data and GIS-based sustainability analyzes. Our office is located at the Friesenplatz in Cologne with very good connection to public transport.
- Processing and evaluation of GIS data under guidance
- Preparation of presentations and documents
- Support of project work
- Studies in geography, geoinformatics, agriculture and forestry, agricultural economics and/ or a study with a thematic focus on topics such as sustainability, environmental and climate protection, renewable energies
- Knowledge in QGIS or ArcGIS are beneficial
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English is essential
- Knowledge in Bahasa is an advantage
- Availability as a student assistant for several hours a week by arrangement for at least one year
- Good knowledge of standard software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)